Social worker turned tech entrepreneur, Liz Salcedo has spent her entire career focused on empowering women. In 2011 Liz launched Everpurse, a pioneer in the fast growing fashion-tech industry. Since its inception, Everpurse has generated over half a million in sales and its products have appeared in InStyle magazine, Good Morning America, and the Katie Couric Show, among others. Along with her husband Dan, Liz was named one of “Crain’s 20 in their 20’s” in 2013.
Podcast Deep Dive:
How to Bring Your Product to Market
- 1. Crafting your message is #1 priority
- 2. Test and iterate different messages for different audiences
- 3. Research journalists ahead of time and personalize your messages. NO blanket press releases or emails!
- 4. Build relationships with journalists and event planners
- 5. Participate in as many demos and events as you can
- 6. Find mentors and experts in other areas
- 7. Play with different media. Video is great to cut across confusion for investors, customers and press
Quotes from Liz:
“Whenever we make a function or tech decision, we make a corresponding fashion decision.”
“We don’t want you to think about how your technology works.”
“A lot of my inspiration comes from other cool things other people are doing.”
Now it’s your turn to look. What do you now see possible for business after listening to our conversation with Liz?
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Refashion Podcast on iTunes and leave us a review to let us know how we’re doing! Remember, we always have your back.